Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Fall/Winter 2nd EP

So for those of you who didn't know, "Beautiful Divide" was the first of my two part series, "Better know an EP". In this installment, we'll be learning about the Fall/Winter EP I'm working on. Go fightin' autumns! (Colbert Report, anyone?)

In the beginning, I had around 25 songs or so and I wasn't sure I wanted to do a full length. Also, I wasn't sure all of the songs would fit well together. Then I had the idea to split the songs into two categories: Summer and Winter. The songs that ended up on "Beautiful Divide" were the obvious summer songs. Brighter, bouncier, more acoustic, etc.

I still have a ton of songs left over for the winter/fall EP which I'm hoping to release in October/November. This next cd will be a little more melancholy, dark, with more piano/electric guitar in place of acoustic. I almost feel like I should've waited and done the happier EP AFTER the downer, but there are still some songs I feel really good about that will be on the next EP. Hopefully, it's just as well received. (I can never tell if people prefer heavy/emotional or light/happy. So I'll just do BOTH)

Just to give you guys a little something, these are the songs that are in the running for the Winter EP (with tentative song titles):

The Best Answer pt. 2
The Audition
Disconnected
Untitled Industrial/Piano song*
Did You Find*
The Difference
Forget You*
Home
House*
Love Doctor
2 Birds, 1 Stone
October First
Perfect Circle
Remorseless*
Endor*
Charmed*

Then possibly a couple of the b-sides from Beautiful Divide:
Serendipity
Complete
White Flag

(*=incomplete)

Eliminating songs and picking the last 8 will be a lot harder this time around, but hopefully all those options make a great CD. Stay tuned for updates...maybe some rough demos of things to come.

Dave

1 comment: