Sunday, August 23, 2009

For Closure

Here are some lyrics I've been working on lately...not quite completed. Still a work in progress.

The house you rest in is a frame that stands bare
The ceiling is cracked beyond repair
Your special someone is somewhere out there
Celebrating a new affair

This house has no insulation
Just drafts, cracks, leaks, and complications
I think it might be time for relocation
Don't you think you deserve a little dedication...
...for once?

There is nothing below the surface
There is no cellar, there are no circuits
You forfeit your future to pay the mortgage
and this old property is worthless

In the corner, there's an exposed wire
that was overlooked
It's going to spark and set this place on fire
We're both cooked
I'm gonna burn like the liar I am

There's a shortage of lumber and bricks
So you settled for a shelter of straws and sticks
Now you've got a big bad wolf and no insurance
When this house falls, you'll be crushed in it

You can dig a new hole
Find a new soul
Lay a new foundation
I'll let you have my dishonest skeleton
You can swing that wrecking ball
You can break my bones and build again
You can paint the walls with my blood and organs

Let me save you a little time...
There is nothing below the surface

What you see is what you get
What you see is all you get with me

No comments:

Post a Comment