Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Writing update...

Hey everybody,

So I've had a little trouble writing and finishing up lyrics for songs, but I think I've come out of it. I just need to turn off the TV every once and awhile and do something productive. I'm still working on the Winter EP occasionally. Originally, the plan was an Oct. 1st CD release because that date has some significance to me and the CD in particular. However, I'm thinking it might be too close to the last CD release, which was just 2 1/2 months ago in June. I'm hoping to book a show the 1st or maybe that weekend where I'll headline and give people a little preview of the songs that are going to be on the new EP. Keep checking back for that. Anyway, here are the tentative song titles of everything that's in the running for the winter EP. I'll be picking 8 again. It's a good number.

The Best Answer pt. 2
The Audition
Disconnected
Untitled Dark Piano song**
Don't Turn Around (ADD)*
The Difference
Forget You*
Home
For Closure (House)*
Ever So Neatly (Shrink)*
2 Birds, 1 Stone
October First
Perfect Circle
Remorseless*
Endor*
Charmed*
Rearrange*
Hold The Door*
Distance and Detachment**
* - Still needs re-tooling
** - Far from finished

Then possibly the b-sides from Beautiful Divide:
Serendipity
Island
Complete
White Flag

It's a lot of songs, but hopefully it makes for a stronger album in the end. I want to post some of the instrumentals on here as a preview, but I'm not sure how to just put a quicktime wav in...I'll try to figure it out.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment