Saturday, November 7, 2009

SLUG Magazine Review

My first review by an outsider! A critic who has never met me or heard my music before. Here's what they said:

"Spiral Diary = Dashboard Confessional + Saves the Day + Plain White T’s
This CD was a cringefest. Emo, as a genre, is sort of embarrassing by definition, even at its best, and bad emo music is so mortifying that it makes me want to curl up in a fetal position. I don’t understand––why did this even get made? Why did anyone think that lyrics like “If it seems too good to be true, / it’s probably too good to be true” needed to be sung by a dude with an annoyingly nasal breathy voice? Why, then, were flaccid, mealy acoustic guitar chords added? The whole venture is just confusing and awkward. –Cléa Major"

...noted.

I think the blurbs on my bio will have to be :

"...too good to be true..."

"This CD was ...sung by a dude with ...voice ...chords"

"Spiral Diary = ...Saves the Day"

"This CD ...is ...acoustic"

"...I ...like ...nasal ...hole venture ...s"

"This CD ...makes me want to curl up in ...an ...acoustic guitar"

"This ...whole venture is ...Major"

"...I don't understand ...lyrics ...it's ...confusing"

"This CD was ...Emo ...at its best"

"...anyone ...that ...like ...s ...a dude ...is ...awkward"

"This CD was ...ass..."

"...I ...probably ...needed to be ...a dude"

"This CD ...makes me ...whole"

"...music is ...mortifying ...it makes me ...mad..."

"I ...think ...it seems too good to be true ...with ...Clea Major"

"Why ...dude?

"This CD ...makes me ...flaccid"

"...r ...o ...n ...b ...ur ...g ...u ...n ...d ...y ...?"


It's fun playing the "make-a-blurb" game. YOU try it! Leave your comments with your best blurbs. Remember, it's gotta be in chronological order!!

love,

Dave

3 comments:

  1. hahaha oh dave, you're so my favorite person.
    how about:
    "spiral diary = ...this CD. ...I ...understand it's probably ...sung by a dude with ...an acoustic guitar. ...awkward."

    ReplyDelete