Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Perfect Circle


The games are over
The stadium lights go out
The lot is dark, everyone has gone home

I wear three layers
But the air still chills my bones
I can't keep warm until we're in each others' arms

I don't care if my entire body goes numb
All I need to feel right now is whole

We are a perfect circle of fabric and limbs
Legs and arms tied up and tangled in an elegant dance

The speakers sing words
Specifically for me
Your voice rings out in such a beautiful melody

I don't care if my tired jaw goes dumb
All I need to say before is "Don't go"

We are a perfect circle of fabric and limbs
Legs and arms tied up and tangled in an elegant dance
Our hearts protected by an autumn blanket
A wall of ribs and skin defending our beating romance

I can't explain this enchanting scene and sentiment
This attraction and attachment is all that makes sense
We kiss like legends stolen from old fashioned pages
Adapted, then translated for the camera lens

2 comments:

  1. The song is amazing as always and I loved the video with the whole silhouette thing going on…it was all just AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And she says that I am the brightest little firefly in her jar."

    ReplyDelete