Sunday, October 25, 2009

New Song/Video

This was a song I just recorded tonight...It was written maybe 4 days ago. I've been pretty happy with it. Forgive the poor audio qualtiy/poor performace. I just wanted to have SOMETHING to show you guys. So this is a watered-down, late night live recording. The song doesn't have a title yet...it'll be "Burning Bridges" for now.



Our cease-fire treaty has no signatures
It's smoldering with the ash and embers
Our doves of peace don't flap their wings
They don't bring serenity and they don't sing

I am the only one to blame

Our olive branch sits inside a garbage can
Next to discarded gifts and our old plans
The cure to our disease is swirling down the drain
Bite down on your knuckles, try to numb the pain

I'm tired of burning all these bridges every time I am afraid
It's my own fire
I'm tired of being the victim and villain in this game of mine
I am the only one to blame

Our reunion's cancelled due to violent hail
Your invitation was lost in the mail anyway
Our binding contract was rendered void
When your trust and confidence were both destroyed

I am the only one to blame

3 comments:

  1. hella sick song man. best i've heard in a long time. very brand new. keep it up bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bronson!!! Amazing!! And thank you for putting the lyrics up, I love it when you do that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song! I love the imagery in the lyrics. You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete