Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Forgotten/Rough Draft Youtube




Break out your markers and connect the dots
Along my cut and corroded chin
Draw a long, broad, crooked line
Highlight the flaws and potmarks in my weathered skin

My closest friends have always been masks and disguises
My greatest threats have always been cameras and reflections

I tell myself "I can do better than this"
I tell myself "No need to settle for less"

Break out the camouflage and hit the deck
Because poison's pumping out of these pores
I try to conceal imperfections
Always screaming for attention
These two sides are at war

My complexion is two shades of color: fragile white and irritated red
I cover up these blemishes with liquid paper and red pens
I am a rough draft
Proofread by the professor
He sent me back smeared with corrections and a note that read:

"Stop kidding yourself, you can't do better than this.
It's time to settle for less."

I forget as much as I am forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment