Sunday, July 5, 2009

Best Answer pt. 2

I lost my grip on something precious
It slipped through my bare fist
My indecision might have cost me
The most exquisite riches

My days are joyless
My nights are even worse
My skies are overcast
My room is even darker

One thing is certain now

I can’t let go

Listen closely for the whistle in the distance
Our locomotive is making its way over these mountains
Somewhere along the tracks, I tripped
And fell off

I can’t catch up

I am a vagrant now who begs for ignorance
Please ma’am, won’t you fill this cup with a couple common cents/sense
Trapped in this valley, I won’t get out
So much to say, but I’m not sure how
One thing is certain now

I can’t let go

Take away this knowledge of everything I cherished
Everything I once possessed
But foolishly relinquished

No comments:

Post a Comment