Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Katy Perry vs. Spiral Diary...grudge match.



...so Katy Perry wrote this song about me, apparently. I'm not sure how to feel.
I mean, I may "pms like a bitch" but that doesn't mean she has the right to tell everybody!

Anyway, I thought I'd tell my side of the story with a song called "Boomerang."
Sometimes I can't help being "hot and cold", Katy.


Take some time to compare lyrics...

Spiral Diary - Boomerang

The corner bank's faded LED says it's just past 7:50
Doors should be opening any minute now
I hold my breath just to get it knocked out of my chest
She is in my head and under my skin

Are we creatures of comfort and convenience
Or do these common coincidences have a deeper meaning?

Walking slowly up the block
You're a mirage that I could've sworn was long gone
Turn around
Make an unscheduled stop
Building tension against the clock
My breath is gone again

This feels too right to be so wrong
Wherever we go, the other follows
This feels too wrong to be so right
We take off
We collide
... we fall again
... we boomerang

There is just something about the angles carved in us
We're thrown, we spin, and we return to the same spot we were tossed
I knew that I could not trust myself
But you said, "Dear, please don't flatter yourself"

If this is right I don't wanna be wrong
If this is wrong I don't wanna be right
If this is right I don't wanna be wrong
I don't wanna be right
I don't wanna be wrong all the time

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you, PMS
Like a bitch
I would know

And you over think
Always speak
Cryptically

I should know
That you're no good for me

Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up
(you) You don't really want to stay, no
(but you) But you don't really want to go-o
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down

We used to be
Just like twins
So in sync
The same energy
Now's a dead battery
Used to laugh bout nothing
Now your plain boring

I should know that
You're not gonna change


Someone call the doctor
Got a case of a love bi-polar
Stuck on a roller coaster
Can't get off this ride

...so what are YOUR thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment